- Professional Development »
- Teaching with the 5 E instructional Model in Science
Higher-Level Training: Teaching with the 5 E instructional Model in Science
Teaching with the 5 E instructional Model in Science will enable teachers to effectively use Gizmos in the context of the 5 E Model for science instruction. The course combines hands-on activities and Gizmo simulations to enhance student engagement and understanding.
The course is designed as a six-hour* onsite session. Participants will discuss the 5 E instructional model and its benefits. The instructor will demonstrate how Gizmos can be used in the context of each of the 5 Es. Participants will have the opportunity to work individually or in small groups to develop a 5 E lesson or series of lessons with a Gizmo. Review of the major features and functions of the ExploreLearning website, focusing on any questions or difficulties participants may have, will be included.
* Three-hour workshops are also available. These workshops provide more limited time for participant exploration of Gizmos.
Course participants will:
- Understand the 5 E Instructional Model.
- Learn best practices for using Gizmos within any of the phases of the 5 E model.
- Plan science lessons using the 5 Es and Gizmos and share lesson ideas with colleagues.
Typical Customer Profile
Teaching with the 5 E instructional Model in Science is designed for science teachers in grades 3-12 who have completed Initial Training and would like advanced training on incorporating best practices for using the 5 E Model in their science teaching.
To learn more about ExploreLearning’s Higher-Level Training courses, contact ExploreLearning Sales at 866-882-4141, Option 2 or email ExploreLearning